Sunday, August 19, 2012

Too Faced Lemon Drop Review and NOTW!

Happy Sunday my loves!

Today I am going to post my thoughts on Too Faced's new Shadow Insurance in Lemon Drop and show you my nails of the week!

The new Shadow Insurance Lemon Drop Color Correcting Eye Shadow Primer is quickly becoming my favorite shadow primer. I still love, love, love the original Shadow Insurance, however I find myself reaching for this one more.



This primer has a lemon yellow color to it that is supposed to reduce redness and "ruddiness" while making your shadows vibrant and budge proof. I agree.

The yellow really does help the veining and the natural darkness I have on my lids [thanks Italian dad!]. The primer is actually yellow, and dries to a smooth, SLIGHT shimmery finish. Unless someone is examining your eyelid, it's barely detectable. However, golds and highlight colors do seem to look more amazing on top of it.

Fun Fact: While I was playing around with it, I decided to see how it would act as a primer to my under eye concealer since I have the same color issues under there. It worked! I feel like I have found a real gem and this primer is well worth the investment.

Here are the stats and what Too Faced has to say about their product:

Price: $18
Size: .35 ounces
Paraben free

From the Too Faced website:
        
Corrective Formula: Our lemon-yellow, formula creates the perfect neutral canvas for any eye shadow.

Long Wearing: Exclusive blend intensifies pigments and guarantees shadows won’t crease, smudge or fade.

Soothing: Our vitamin enriched formula glides over lids, smoothing sensitive skin while leaving behind a feather-light, cashmere finish.

Don't let the price scare you, a little goes a very long way, and I feel like this will last me forever! If you're in the market for a new primer, give this one a try. If you do try it, let me know how you liked it!

Now, my nails of the week!

Every Sunday I give myself my weekly manicure. This week I used Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails in "No Hard Feelings" and of course Seche Vite as my topcoat, ALWAYS. If you'd like a post on how I do a professional mani at home, just let me know :]


I hope you all had a good weekend, and good luck on your Monday's ;]
Lots of Love,
XOXO Mary

[also, follow me on twitter @xMiSSMARYMACx https://twitter.com/xMiSSMARYMACx]
[add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/mmuscari ]
I F for F :]

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to order that insurance this week!! Does is smell like lemon too bc that would be great.. now you said I could use it for my under eye aswell ... my question do you have a usual product that you love for the dark circles..I am a teacher and after a long day I get the ring of doom! Also, I recently went to a darker hair color and I'm struggling to find the right formula to darken my brows ... Do I use pencil or powder or both ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're trying it out! Unfortunately, it doesn't smell like lemons. I'd probably put it all over my face if it did, lol. As for concealer, I don't know, I am a concealer JUNKIE! it's my favorite of all things makeup. High end? I really love clinique concealers. drugstore? revlon age defy. It's in a little red and clear squeezy tube and it's awesome! i actually like most drugstore concealers. I do think the lemon primer will help the blue from showing through though! For brows, it depends on how you want them to look :] powder is more natural, good for people who have brows, just want a little definition. pencils can be a little harsher, but my fave. they are good if you have bald spots, or bad wax job spots, they just fill in the brows better. but beware sharpie brows! i hope that helped <333

      Delete